Sunday, August 21, 2011

I got to come home as sleep last again. I just talked to Brian and he said that Levi was a little more like himself staring at like at 3 am. Yesterday he was so, so sad. I only saw three little smiles all day. He gets so sad anytime anyone touches him, other than family. It kills me to see fear in his eyes. Yesterday morning they pulled out his chest tube and this morning they will pull the one on his neck (drain tube). I hope I’m not there for that! Tuesday will be a very big day, they will take him down to the OR and scope him to see how things are healing. Then they will take him to radiology to have a suck-swallow test to see if he can start eating. In the OR they will do a trache change and they said that it’s a big deal… I’m not really sure why. One of the Doctors said that he may have temporarily lost his ability to swallow because of the tube that is inside his airway, it is partly on his vocal cords, so they can not close up when he swallows. So he would aspirate into his lungs. I PRAY and ask that you all will as well that it is not the case with Levi. He is so, so sad and I feel like if he can have water when he asks it would make him happier. Otherwise I’m not sure what will happen, they did mention us having to go home with the feeding tube that is in his nose. I can’t imagine having to keep all food and liquids away from Levi, I mean, Brian and I can drink and eat when he can’t see us, but Jesse? Anyway, we will cross that bridge when we get to it.
Brian took Jesse to see Levi last night. I was worried about Jesse and thought that it would make Levi happy to see brother. Well, Jesse did really well. He had millions of questions about everything and wanted to bring Levi home and didn’t understand why Levi wasn’t talking and playing. As we were leaving he informed me that when he was a tiny little baby he had to sleep in a hospital bed and it made him a little nervous. He said that he thought we should just bring Levi with us…
I’m going to keep this short since I haven’t written an update in Spanish, thank you all for your prayers. We love you all!

No comments: